Saturday, January 24, 2009

Do you live in a boy house?

I have a friend who is the mother of all girls and she frequently insists her girls do boyish enough things that she doesn't need boys.

Well this prompted me to create a little quiz: Do you live in a boy house?
There is no set number of "right" answers. Let's just say that when you're done, you'll know for sure if you live in a boy house!

1. Have you ever had a lamp broken by your children? (If you answered 'yes', go to question 1A)

1A. Did said lamp get broken when a large stuffed pig was thrown because a brother was being mean?

2. Have you ever had to say: "Aw yuck! Why did you have to make that smell? I have visiting teachers coming over?!" (If you answered yes, go to question 2A)

2A. Was the resulting answer: "Why didn't you tell me people were coming over?" (If yes, go to question 2B)

2B. Did you answer back (in a shrill, flabergasted sort of voice): "I shouldn't have to tell you not to fart the minute we walk in the door!!!"

3. Have you ever said "Yes, you can ride your bike, just don't get in the mud." and 10 seconds later found muddy school shoes on the porch? (Deduct points if you have boys who actually leave them on the porch!)

4. Have you ever found puddles (droplets DON'T count!) of pee around the toilet for one of the following reasons:
a. A sleepy, half awake, WOBBLY, child got up to pee in the night? Or,
b. A child stood at the side of the toilet instead of at the front? Or,
c. A child overshot the toilet because he was racing his brother (or father!) to see who could pee the fastest?
And finally,

5. Have you ever been standing in front of the sink/mirror getting ready for the day and had your child need to use the toilet? Have you gotten your feet splashed when said child used the toilet?!!!

4 comments:

  1. HA HA! It wasn't a pig, it was an actual LITTLE BROTHER...what did I tell those boys about wrestling on the couch? Ugh. I cannot wait to add more estrogen to this house!! And I am not even going to comment on the pee. It grosses me out. It's my pet PEEve...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope; don't have the pee problem, thank goodness. We have broken lamps, but that usually results from twirling around like a fairy or princess, so I guess that wouldn't count!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brian and I laughed (A LOT) when we read this. I've never had my feet splashed, but I have had a sleepy boy pee in the tub once and in the toybox once. Never had those issues with my girl. Luckily the boys at this house only have pee races in DIFFERENT toilets. Oh, and no broken lamps, but Zack did break the glass cover of our ceiling fan with his head while jumping on our bed. I think I should get points for that! And maybe an extra point for pulling glass out of his head.

    Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's settled I definately have boys in my house!

    ReplyDelete