Monday, May 4, 2009

I write on my blog as well as I write in my journal!

It's weird how someone who LOVES to write can be so lax about writing on a blog or in a journal. Wait, I just thought of something: Does writing weekly blogs for the store blogspot count?! Hmmm...some things to ponder.

Actually, I do have an excuse. It's called "I had a life but my job ate it"! I have loved my job at Sierra's. I love what I'm doing in beading and I really enjoy my work as a manager. I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm one of those weirdos that actually enjoys retail. However, I have discovered that I haven't made the transition to being a working mom as gracefully as I'd hoped and numerous things have fallen by the wayside. Ah well...

As some of you know, I'm changing jobs. It was a hard decision and alot of factors went in to making it, but a coworker (and friend) made a comment that I couldn't shake. She said, "At the end of the day, it's just a job and you have to do what's best for your family." That's what made the decision for me. Doing what's best for my family. This new job will give me the consistency of schedule that my boys need: no weekends or evenings, Mondays off and the chance to be home with them after school. I may even have the time to pick up some piano students which is something that I really miss.

I guess what I'm saying is that, hopefully soon I will get the blog all caught up! I have pictures from February on that I took with the specific intention of posting them, so soon you can all know what we've been up to! But for now, time for sleep because in a few hours I have to start it ALL over again!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update- sounds like you had a tough decision to make and went with your heart. Good for you!

    I'm with Nichelle- What's the new job?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to ditto Nichelle and Lisa, I'm glad that you are happy with your decision....but what is it?

    ReplyDelete